Lets see, lets see, lets see.
What has been going on these past few weeks? We've been kind of dormant with the new chill in the air, Erik's busy schedule and being as poor as church mice. By the way, everyone has seen the old Disney's Robin Hood right? Remember the poor church mice? My favorite. In some ways it's really nice, the simplicity of our life. We all wake up and eat a hot bowl of oatmeal (or cereal), he leaves for work, me and Magnolia cuddle and practice fun things like rolling over or babbling, Erik comes home we eat PB&J or grilled cheese sandwiches and he's off to his internship. Me, Magnolia and Charlie play outside or go for a walk, play some more, clean some, then Erik comes home and we eat some sort of random dinner, we cuddle and play as a family, then we put Magnolia down for bed, and watch a show or two. I like our little life. Simple.
It's funny, when I was younger I thought adult life was so b-o-r-i-n-g. They don't stay up late, they don't party, they think to much and don't laugh enough. But now that I'm getting older there are some things that I once thought was boring that I actually enjoy a lot. I'm still embarrassed to say it, but not staying up till 2 or 3 am, I actually enjoy going to bed early and getting up early. Younger Portia would scream if she heard me say that.
We went out to the Farm a few weeks ago to see family and to do some work. We got the chance to harvest honey for the very first time, and I have to say it was a absolute wonderful experience. I like the farm, it's a very peaceful and quiet place-no busy streets, no honking cars, no yelling or cell phones (cell phones don't really work out there). They have big trees in the front yard that shade you from the late fall sun, I could lay there all day. Magnolia really likes it as well, she has a thing for trees.
Magnolia has a real funny personality. She smiles and laughs easily but she can also get really mad if you catch her on the wrong moment or sneeze when she wasn't ready. She likes to watch us do things, and she still LOVES the outdoors. Her and Charlie have this cute little relationship, they like to cuddle and give kisses, and she recently has started batting at his face and reaching for his ears. She's growing fast and seems to be learning even faster. The other day she was able to get from her stomach to her back, it startled her for a second and she kind of laughed. I tried to record it on my phone, but she only did it once.
Here are some pictures of the recent adventures and moments. (If you are on Facebook then you probably have already seen these :) )
![]() |
| Pop's and Noli |
![]() |
| Cousins |
![]() |
| First Kisses |
![]() |
| Bee's! |
![]() |
| Fall Hiking |






No comments:
Post a Comment