Tuesday, August 28, 2012

You and me and the baby makes three

Things have been busy here lately, but as time goes on I'm feeling more and more human. It's funny, for some reason I had this warped view that as soon as I had a baby I would gain 100lb, age 10 years and start wearing mom jeans. I'm happy to report that it is not the case (WHEW). I still look like me, act like me, and can still wear the same clothes as before I was pregnant. (Another WHEW).

Magnolia is becoming more and more fun the more she grows. Having a newborn, although she was adorable, was hard work. I'm enjoying each stage as she grows and changes of course, but I'm sure glad we are past that first month. She is easier and a lot more fun to take out on adventures now so we are trying to pack in the most each week with out totally wearing ourselves out.

Erik's 26th birthday was on the 9th of this month and we were able to celebrate it all month long! We got together with Erik's sister and brother-in-law on his birthday, then we had a bunch of friends get together to have a BBQ at the park, and THIS weekend we're heading to a REAL soccer game! (Unfortunately I missed taking some pics of a few of my best friends, Jilleun and Kelvin :( )










 A week later we headed up to the cabin in Ouray, Colorado for the weekend with Chelsey and Calvin. We went to see some old mines, waterfalls, canyons, a BEAR, and took Lola swimming for the first time! Did I mention that we saw a BEAR, about 30 feet from us! A cute fat round bear. Supposedly they're mean, but to me they just look cute and fluffy.



The following weekend we went up Pleasant Grove canyon for a little hike to the waterfalls. On the way we saw 3 mountain goats! Mountain goats are funny, they are really curious and these ones were fearless, they got about 15 feet from all of us, including Charlie and would just stare at us. It was a little intimidating and a few times I thought maybe they would charge us, but I think they were just curious. 






And for a little update on our girl Magnolia:
She has grown a lot, gaining 2 lb in 4 weeks and growing a little over an inch. She seems to be quite ambitious preferring to sit up or face outwards when we are outside or anywhere curious to her. We took her to get her pictures this weekend which was hilarious/a bit of a tragedy at the beginning. She ended up pooping and peeing all over their stuff and puking all over me. She also didn't want to be in a tiny basket but instead she wanted to sit up in the chairs. It was a very memorable day to say the least :) 







All in all it has been a great 2 months with this little one and we are excited to see what other adventures life takes us on! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the blog. It's fun to read your updates and see all the great photos. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete